- UC Health locations will achieve Practice Greenhealth’s award “Greenhealth Partner for Change,” using the definitions in Practice Greenhealth to set medical-center-specific goals for waste diversion and reduction as well as water reduction. Award achievement and target setting to occur before the following dates:
- Award Recognition from Practice Greenhealth by:
- August 31, 2017 for UC San Francisco Health and UCLA Health.
- August 31, 2019 for UC Irvine Health, UC San Diego Health and UC Davis Health.
- Target commitments for water and waste by:
- January 1, 2020 – UC Irvine Health, UC San Diego Health and UC Davis Health.
- UC San Francisco Health and UCLA Health have the following targets: growth-adjusted potable water consumption by 20 percent by 2020 and 36 percent by 2025, when compared to a three-year average baseline of FY 2005-06, FY 2006-07, and FY 2007-08.
- By 2020, 50% of total solid waste diverted from landfill and incineration.
- By 2020, 40lbs of total solid waste per Adjusted Patient Day.
- In line with campus targets, UCLA and UCSF Medical Centers will reduce growth-adjusted potable water consumption 20% by 2020 and 36% by 2025, when compared to a three-year average baseline of FY2005/06, FY2006/07, and FY2007/08.