- All sedans and minivan acquisitions will be zero-emission or plug-in hybrid vehicles, except for public safety vehicles with special performance requirements.
- Each UC location will ensure that at least 50% of all vehicle acquisitions are zero-emission, plug-in hybrid, or dedicated clean transportation fueled vehicles.
Each location shall strive to:
- Reduce its percentage of employees and students commuting by single-occupancy vehicles (SOVs) by 10% relative to its 2015 SOV commute rates by 2025.
- Have no more than 40% of its employees and no more than 30% of all employees and students commuting to the location by SOV by 2050.
- Have at least 4.5% of commuter vehicles be ZEV by 2025.
- Have at least 30% of commuter vehicles be ZEV by 2050.
- Take steps needed to normalize and promote telecommute and flexible work options.
Note: This is a summary of policy goals. Additional details and current requirements are available in the UC Sustainable Practices Policy. See UC's progress toward these goals in the Annual Report on Sustainable Practices.