UC Hispanic-Serving Institutions Initiative
UC HSI Initiative Research Apprenticeship Program
The UC HSI Initiative's inaugural Research Apprenticeship Program (UC-HSI RAP) aims to support junior scholars at UC who focus their dissertation research on Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs). The program's goal is to support and strengthen future generations of UC scholars, leaders and administrators who focus on equity issues in the context of HSIs.
Specifically, UC-HSI RAP aims to:
- Support dissertation research on HSIs
- Strengthen professional development for academic-, practitioner-, policy- and/or advocate-focused careers
- Engage in peer learning and mentorship in writing and research development
- Foster opportunities for mentorship with UC and non-UC HSI scholars, leaders and advocates
This will be accomplished through a series of activities such as:
- Funding for dissertation research
- Professional development workshops
- Writing workshops
- Mentorship and networking with HSI scholars, practitioners and advocates
To be eligible, interested applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as doctoral student at a UC campus
- Have advanced to candidacy at the time of application
- Have a dissertation focus on HSIs
The program will run from March–August 2022. Applications are due January 15, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. PT.
To apply, visit https://forms.gle/492kpj828h6WQ5yv6.