Information Technology Services
ITS provides support for UCOP owned PC computers, which are included in the UCOP standard computing bundle. ITS does not provide support for personally owned devices.
- ITS support: ITS conducts operating system upgrades; provides support for UCOP standard software and the Windows operating system; and diagnoses hardware problems, contacting the vendor when necessary for hardware repair. ITS installs purchased nonstandard software upon request.
- Administrator rights: Customers are not provided administrator rights for security reasons. Customers may request temporary administrator rights through the Service Hub as needed.
Files and email stored on your PC arenot backed up. UCOP provides cloud computing storage options that are backed up and secure.
Configuration All UCOP owned PCs
- are installed with the UCOP standard software,
- use UCOP’s Active Directory,
- are able to access cloud computing, and
- connect to personal and departmental file shares, and to network printers.
Availability of Service
Support is available M-F, 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
All UCOP personnel with a UCOP owned PC computer.
The cost of the service is covered by the departmental recurring IT utilities fee.