UCOP Human Resources
Innovation and Impact Awards 2013
Innovation and Impact Awards are given to employees and/or teams of employees in recognition of exemplary service to UCOP. Award winners were recognized at an OP-wide ceremony held on Tuesday, April 8, 2014. Awards were presented in three categories.
Advancing the Mission
- Miriam De Soto—Collaboration with campus admissions staff to develop a new International Exam page for undergraduate application, which has resulted in significant improvement in the campus evaluation process for growing number of international applicants.
- Sarah Fidelibus, Reginald Hillmon and Dante Noto—Sponsored a UC Berkeley program to develop mobile applications aimed to improve access to UC for underserved high school students. Led to the development of P.I.C. Your Future web application.
Commitment to OP Culture and Principles
- Jeanie Urban—Leadership role on UCOP Staff Assembly and UCOP Staff Engagement Initiative. She has brought together employees from diverse professional backgrounds to make UCOP a better place to work.
- Jocelyn Banaria, Lena Zentall and Angela Hom—Organized a 12-month series of noon time dialogues for OP staff entitled “Conversations About Women in the Workplace, inspired by the book Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, by Sheryl Sandberg.”
Connecting with Community
- Jan Kehoe—Coordinates American Red Cross blood drives for UCOP; responsible for recruiting donors, scheduling, and baking post-donation snacks. She has led 66 drives over the past 13 years, to help save over 8,500 lives.