Building & Administrative Service Center
Commuter Benefits Program
The pre-tax commuter benefits program allows eligible UCOP employees to set aside up to the limit set by the IRS on a pre-tax basis for commuter transportation and parking expenses. The following are the limits for the 2020 tax year:
$270 per employee per month for all public transportation
$270 per employee per month for qualified parking
The program is being administered by Edenred USA, a commuter benefit management company, through their Commuter Check (CCD) website.
Only permanent career and contract employees are eligibile to participate. Please see iCommute Guide for registration instructions. The Company ID for UCOP is 1259.
Commuter Check Direct Customer Service
How It Works
- You place a new order (or change/cancel current orders) on CCD site to be fulfilled on a monthly basis by the cutoff date, which is the 1st of the month for next month's transit and/or parking expenses. Typical orders include:
- Monthly Direct Pay: On your behalf, CCD sends parking payment fees directly to your parking provider before the month of use, be it UCOP Parking & Transportation for UC-managed lots like Franklin Garage, or outside parking providers such as Impark for Kaiser Center Garage.
- Clipper E-Cash: CCD loads the amount you order onto your Clipper card before the month of use and the funds can be used for any transit agencies that accept Clipper card.
- Clipper's BART High Value Tickets: CCD loads the value of the BART tickets to your Clipper card before the month of use and the funds can only be used for BART fare.
- Commuter Check Prepaid MasterCard: CCD loads the amount of your order before the month of use and the funds can be used for any parking and transit agencies that accept the MasterCard. NOTE: You must place a separate MasterCard order for parking and transit because parking and transit funds are not interchangeable.
- Commuter Check Voucher: CCD sends the vouchers to the address you specify in your order and you redeem them to pay for your qualified parking or transit expenses. NOTE: No cash back so must order exact amount.
- On the 3rd of the month - two days after the cutoff date - payroll deduction transactions are made available electronically by CCD for UCPath Center to process for the upcoming B1 & B2 payrolls for bi-weekly employees and MO payroll for monthly employees. NOTE: If B1 payroll was processed before the 3rd of the month, adjustment will be made to B2 to correctly reflect the total amount for the month.
- Also on the 3rd of the month CCD invoices UCOP Parking & Transportation for the cost of your order.
- UCOP Parking & Transportation pays CCD in advance for the cost of your order and in turn receives payment via payroll deductions on the upcoming B1, B2, and MO payrolls.
- After receiving payment from UCOP Parking & Transportation, CCD processes and fulfills your order before the end of the month, such as loading the funds onto your MasterCard/Clipper card or sending parking payment checks to UCOP Parking & Transportation for your Franklin parking or to Impark for your Kaiser parking.
CCD Monthly Schedule for Order Processing and Fulfillment
- 1st of month X (this month) - Enrollment/order ends. This is the cutoff date for placing a new order or changing/cancelling existing order for benefit month Y (next month).
- 18th - 23rd of month X - Orders are processed and shipped/loaded. If you have a monthly direct pay parking provider, a check will be sent to your parking provider to pay for month Y. If you have a Commuter Check Card order, you will receive your card (for 1st time order) and the money will be loaded on your card on the 23rd.
- 21st - 25th of month X - You receive your order for month Y or your parking provider receives payment for month Y. If receiving vouchers, your order will arrive in time for easy redemption for use in month Y.
See also CCD ordering timeline for the exact ordering periods for all twelve benefit months.
Guidelines, Frequently Asked Questions & Instructions
- iCommute Guide - Program overview and instructions on how to enroll in the program.
- FAQs - Frequently asked questions by UCOP employees concerning Clipper card, leave of absence, cancellation, etc.
- Product Options for Clipper Card Users - Product options for funding your Clipper card using pre-tax dollars.
- Instructions for ordering a Commuter Check Card Prepaid MasterCard to fund Clipper card for BART high-value discount tickets.
- BART parking - Instructions for using pre-tax dollars to pay for your BART parking.
- UC-managed parking - Instructions for placing a parking order on CCD for a UC-managed lot.