UC IT Sourcing Committee (ITSC)
SalesForce.com is a cloud computing and social enterprise software-as-a-service provider. It started as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software in the cloud, and then expanded to many other customer-oriented, social applications. All SalesForce products are covered in this agreement.
Sensitive data guidance
|Data Type||Data Use Guidance||Comments|
|Credit Card (PCI-DSS)||Not Permitted||Not acceptable for PCI-DSS data.|
|Export Control||Consult||Must use AWS GovCloud. Consult with data proprietor UC location office of research.|
|Electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI) subject to HIPAA||Consult||Signed HIPAA Business Associate Agreement is in place, consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location (e.g. privacy official, information security, compliance officer).|
|Human Subject Research||Consult||Consult with data proprietor and UC location office of research.|
|Intellectual Property||Consult||Consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location authority (e.g. tech transfer, office of research, campus counsel).|
|IT Security Information
(e.g. administrative passwords, network diagrams)
|Permitted||When appropriately configured.|
|Other Sensitive Institutional Info
(e.g. Fundraising, Attorney/Client Privileges)
|Consult||Consult with data proprietor and appropriate UC location authority (e.g. privacy official, development office, campus counsel, information security officer).|
|Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Tied to state notification breach laws, Login credentials. SSN. Driver's license
|Consult||When appropriately configured; consult with appropriate UC location authority (e.g. privacy official, risk officer, campus counsel, information security officer).|
AnimalGeneral (non-Humanoid Subject Research)
|Permitted||Consult with data proprietor and UC location office of research.|
|Student Education Records (FERPA)||Permitted||Excluding student health records. Consult with data proprietor and UC location authority.|
UC location responsibilities
- Ensure the number of accounts provisioned match the number ordered (e.g. seat based licenses).
- Individual users are on a named user basis. Accounts cannot be shared.
- Accounts can be reassigned.
- SalesForce allows integration of third party marketplace applications. Those applications are not covered by the terms of the UC Salesforce agreement and require separate agreements that manage their specific risks.
- Use the ordering document that is contained in the UC Systemwide contract.
- Available 24/7.
- Will give minimum 8 hours notice for planned downtime.
- Data will not be stored outside the US. If SalesForce decides to change that, SalesForce will provide 30 days notice.
- SalesForce will notify the customer of a data breach within 48 hours.
- SalesForce may only use your data to provide the service.
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreement is in place.
Procurement Services contacts
View a list of contacts for each campus.
- Payable annually in advance.
- Educational pricing has been pre-negotiated.
- Consult with the SalesForce representative for current pricing based on your implementation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to contract
You can view a copy of the agreements in the Contracts Database. Please contact your local procurement department for login credentials.
UC location links and contacts for this service
Visit the website or contact the individuals below for more information about this service at your location.
|UC Santa Cruzemail@example.com|
|UC Santa Barbarafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|UC San Diego||Cloud and Web Services (email@example.com)|
|UC San Francisco||ITS Help Desk: 415-514-4100||https://it.ucsf.edu/about/teams/salesforce-ucsf|
|UC Office of the President||IT Service Hub: ServiceDesk@ucop.edu||https://ucop.service-now.com/|
|Lawrence Berkeley National Labs||IT Help Desk: 510-486-4357||http://help.lbl.gov|
|Division of Ag & Natural Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org||http://anrcs.ucanr.edu/|