Office of the Ombuds
Working with our office begins with a first meeting (ZOOM, in person or by phone) where we discuss concerns and clarify interests, issues, and options through consultation or conflict coaching. Using a variety of tools to help visitors think through their situations, explore possible options for moving forward, and make proactive, productive decisions.
In an individual meeting, an Ombuds may work with you to:
- Assist individuals with clarifying their goals in a particular dispute or situation
- Offer neutral, objective insight
- Develop strategies to address concerns in a way that feels most comfortable to you
- Learn new skills and strategies for healthier conflict resolution and interpersonal communication
- Identify policies, offices, and resources that might be helpful to you
- Serve as a sounding board for applying new communication and conflict skills and strategies
- As a thought partner to help people develop options and explore the next steps
All meetings with the Ombuds Office are confidential and voluntary.
The Office of the Ombuds will keep all conversations confidential except when imminent harm or danger is present.
Learn about the Ombuds’ Standard of Practice