UCOP Human Resources
Performance appraisal process and dates
Each manager and supervisor is required by UC policy and by the applicable labor contract to conduct performance appraisals. Employees hired before January 1, 2020 will be reviewed in this year’s process. Those hired after January 1, 2020 should receive informal feedback on their performance. Performance appraisals are required for:
- Probationary employees: A probationary employee shall be assessed at least once during a full probationary period, preferably at the mid-point of probation; and,
- Career employees: A career employee's performance shall be assessed in writing at least once per year.
- Contract employees: A contract employee should receive a written appraisal at least once per year.
UCOP and UC Press Annual Performance Appraisal process dates for 2019/2020
Effective July 15, 2020 we will resume the FY19/20 Performance Evaluation process that was postponed earlier this year. This evaluation period is from April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020. We appreciate your time and dedication to this important activity.
- Write Self-Appraisal: By July 24
- Multirater (optional): By July 24 (multirater forms can be launched as soon as the employee self-appraisal is complete)
- Manager/Supervisor Writes Appraisals: By August 28
- UCOP Multi-Level Ratings Review: August 31 - September 16
- Appraisal Delivery and Sign-off: September 17 - October 30