UCOP Human Resources
Performance Appraisal Process
Each manager and supervisor is required by UC policy and by the applicable labor contract to conduct performance appraisals. Employees hired before January 1 will be reviewed in this year’s process. Those hired after January 1 of the current year should receive informal feedback on their performance. Performance appraisals are required for:
- Probationary employees: A probationary employee shall be assessed at least once during a full probationary period, preferably at the mid-point of probation; and,
- Career employees: A career employee's performance shall be assessed in writing at least once per year.
- Contract employees: A contract employee should receive a written appraisal at least once per year.
STEP: Staff Talent Evaluation Process
FY2022/2023 DUE DATES
- Define Criteria: Mar 31,2022
- Check-In 1: August 31, 2022
- Check-In 2: December 2, 2022
- Finalize Criteria: March 31, 2023
- Manager Review: April 14, 2023
For information on training and all STEP resources, please go the Learning Resources page.