Accessibility Is for Everyone!
The EAC hosted the first systemwide webinar for Global Accessibility Awareness Day on May 20, 2021.
- UC IT Blog announcement
- Accessibility Is for Everyone webinar recording (YouTube)
- Introduction to the UC Electronic Accessibility Committee, Yvonne Tevis (UCOP)
- [04:07] Empathy: Why Accessibility Matters, Eric Mayes (UCSB), Dee Cappelli (UCSC), and Lucy Greco (UC Berkeley)
- [15:54] Simple Steps for Improving Accessibility, Amy Chen (UCOP), Eric Mayes (UCSB), and Doug Harriman (UCOP)
- [31:45] Demystifying Captions in Less than 10 Minutes, Stephanie Nielsen (UCSC)
- [42:49] Legal Considerations for Electronic Accessibility, Josh Meltzer (UCOP)
- [54:16] Think before You Buy: Don’t Get Stuck with an Inaccessible Product, Michael Wegmann (UCOP), Judy Thai (UCOP)
- [1:03:25] Take Advantage of Free Online Courses, Jill Wolters (UCSF)
- [1:15:47] In Closing—What Can You Do, Yvonne Tevis (UCOP)
- Resources from the webinar
- Simple Steps for Improving Accessibility: Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- Q&A from the webinar