Business Resource Center
Interlocation Transfer of Funds
An interlocation transfer of funds (ITF) is a temporary (one time) transfer of funds from one campus location to another (please contact your Budget Coordinator for any permanent ITF’s).
Here’s how to submit a request for an ITF:
- Complete the ITF excel form (the campus sending the funds prepares the ITF)
- Submit the form via ServiceNow (your submission is your department approval): Request Service > Business Resource Center > Compliance, Accounting, Audit and Policy (CAAP) > Interlocation Transfer of Funds
Quick Tips to Keep in Mind
- Your Budget Coordinator will receive your request in ServiceNow for review and approval
- Once the Budget Coordinator approves the request, it comes to the BRC for processing
- Systemwide Budget performs the final review before transferring the funds to the campus/es
- ITF’s in most cases should not cross fund numbers
- ITF’s in general should not cross functions
- ITF’s will appear as a decrease to your budgetary allocation on your GL
- ITF’s are a Type Entry 15 on your GL
Important updates to ITF submittals with the new financial system.