Building & Administrative Service Center
UC mail services are for official University business and draw on limited university funding, so it is prohibited to send or receive personal packages through UCOP mail services. Additionally, the University cannot assume liability for personal deliveries made to UCOP.
Since all deliveries go through the mail room for security purposes, this applies to the US postal Service, FedEx, UPS and other couriers.
We understand that you cannot always be home to receive a package, but UC mail services will not be responsible for any personal packages. Please consider using the following alternatives to office delivery.
- Make arrangements with family or friends to receive your package while you are at work.
- Alternative arrangements for receiving and sending your packages can be made with these downtown Oakland vendors:
- Fed Ex Office Print & Ship Center, 500 12th St, Oakland, CA
- U.S. Post Office, 1301 Clay St, Oakland, CA
- The UPS Store, 1714 Franklin St, Oakland, CA
- Amazon, 4193 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA
- Many of the delivery services now offer alternative delivery options if you have a tracking number:
- FedEx – Customize your delivery - http://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/
- U.S. Post Office – Get the Mail You Missed Redelivered - https://redelivery.usps.com/redelivery/
- UPS – Change Your Delivery with UPS - http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/delivery_change.html?srch_pos=2&srch_phr=change+delivery/
- Amazon - Amazon Lockers that are self-service kiosks placed in shopping centers, retail stores, and transit stations. Customers select an Amazon Locker as their shipping address, receive a pickup code when the package is delivered, and collect their package at their convenience up to three business days after delivery http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6442600011