Sustainability Awards and Rankings
In FY 2017-18, UC campuses were ranked as leaders in sustainability by a wide range of organizations and publications.
Download the full list of 2017-18 UC campus rankings, ratings, and awards (pdf).
Highlights from 2017–18:
- The University of California was honored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency with a 2018 Green Power Leadership Award for its strong commitment to using clean, renewable energy sources.
- UC Irvine received a STARS (Sustainability Tracking and Assessment Rating System) Platinum Rating in March 2018, the 4th campus in the world to receive a Platiunum rating.
- UC San Diego is the first higher education institution to receive a 2018 Grid Edge Innovation Award for its innovative research, development and commercialization of smart electric vehicle charging.
- UC Davis was recognized as the third greenest university in the world in the 2017 University of Indonesia GreenMetric Rankings.
- UCOP, UC Santa Barbara, and UC San Diego received recognition from I2SL (International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories) for leadership in sustainable procurement for laboratories.
- UCLA was given the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) 2018 Sustainability Award in Water Efficiency for a water reclamation program.
- UC Merced’s new Downtown Campus Center won a 2018 San Joaquin Valley Blueprint Award for “Smart Growth.”