Campus STARS Ratings
All UC campuses with undergraduate students have earned at least one rating in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS). Developed by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), STARS is a national benchmark for higher education sustainability.
STARS is designed to:
- Provide a framework for understanding sustainability in all sectors of higher education.
- Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions using a common set of measurements developed with broad participation from the international campus sustainability community.
- Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
- Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
- Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community.