Safety and Loss Prevention
1100 Broadway: Emergency procedures
- Emergency Procedures - Quick Reference (pdf)
- Broadway Tenant Emergency Procedures Guide (pdf)
- Emergency Supplies & Equipment (pdf)
AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
The Broadway Building has an AED located at clearly marked locations near the Women’s Restroom on all UCOP floors (3-10) and in the hallway outside of the restrooms of the basement conference center. 1100 Broadway building management also maintains an AED at the first floor lobby. In the event of a cardiac-related medical emergency (or unconscious/unresponsive person) – call 911– then send a runner to retrieve the nearest AED. Find a trained AED-CPR rescuer (rescuers can be identified by the "AED" sticker on their nameplate; see list of trained staff below). Also notify Security (987-9790) of the medical emergency.
1100 Broadway CPR-AED Trained Rescuers List (pdf)
Volunteers Needed – Training Request Form (doc)
Portable Oxygen Units
- Portable emergency oxygen units are mounted on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th, floors next to the water fountain outside of the women’s restroom.
- These units should be used to administer oxygen to someone having difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- The O2 units can also be used in conjunction with a CPR face mask or the bag valve mask (BVM) to resuscitate a non-breathing victim.