UC Travel Insurance
UC Travel InsuranceUC Traveler Insurance Coverage
The university has arranged for employees and students traveling on official university business to be covered for a wide variety of accidents and incidents while away from the campus or primary workplace.
- Regents, faculty, staff, or any person designated by UC while traveling at the direction and approval of UC. Coverage can also be provided to a spouse/domestic partner, dependent(s), and traveling companions when traveling with them; their travel should be registered.
- Students can also be covered while participating in UC sponsored and supervised off-campus activities both domestically and abroad. Registration is required for activities taking place out of state and in foreign countries.
This broad coverage includes medical care and evacuation, loss of personal property (UC employees only), extraction for political and weather related reasons, and more.
General Trip Insurance Information
- Enrolling in UC trip insurance - Arrangements made through Connexxus are automatically enrolled, except for Southwest Air; for Southwest or reservations made outside Connexxus, you must register your trip.
- Travel insurance coverage questions - For assistance with all travel or travel insurance related questions, please contact your local campus risk manager. For technical support/issues regarding the website call (530) 638-3375 or send an email to email@example.com
- UC Trip Planner - Getting ready to plan a trip? Not sure how to reduce risks and where to find suggestions from experts? Go to UC Trip Planner for resources, travel tips and things to consider before you travel.
- UC Employee Business Travel Insurance FAQ
- United Healthcare Global Intelligence Portal - United Healthcare Global, our travel assistance provider, offers travelers access to location based medical intelligence. Visit the website and create an account, giving you access to detailed travel, medical and security information. Travelers on the go can also access this key destination intelligence via the Mobile Global Intelligence Center App.
- UC Personal Travel Program - Now you can purchase UC Business Travel Program benefits for your own personal travel through the UC Personal Travel Program!
- Proof of Insurance to Acquire a Visa - For proof of insurance to acquire a visa for travel, please provide the following information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Dates of travel
- Travel destination (country or countries to be visited)
- Additional Information as requested by travel destination’s embassy
Please allow 3-5 business days for your insurance request to be processed.