UC Procurement is transforming how the University purchases goods and services to maximize benefit to the system while improving quality and service to our campus partners.
Using a systemwide approach, while considering individual campus needs, UC Procurement leverages our vast purchasing power to optimize University spend. We invest in the latest technology and develop strategic supplier partnerships to source the highest quality products and services at the least total cost.
With these methods, we aim to deliver $500 million in annual benefit by 2022 to be redirected to the University's core missions of teaching, research and public service.
- To be recognized as a high performing strategic partner essential to the financial health of the University.
- To expand opportunities for teaching, research and public service by delivering savings and efficient procurement services across the University of California.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the UC system to understand needs and provide high quality procurement services that best meet those needs.
- Pursue strategic initiatives to leverage the power of our collective spend and redirect savings to teaching, research and public service.
- Invest in and optimize talent and technologies across the University system to deliver far greater benefit than can be achieved by single campus locations.
- Drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions.
- Partner with suppliers to develop business relationships and solutions that optimize value for the University.
To learn more about UC Procurement's achievements, see our Impact Reports - semi-annual story summaries of how UC Procurement projects have saved the University money, increased value and lowered risk.