UCOP Human Resources
UCOP Leadership Development Program
The purpose of the UCOP Leadership Development Program is to accelerate the development of individual leadership abilities as well as to create a diverse pipeline of future UCOP leaders.
Participants learn UC strategy, goals and issues. Through a combination of workshops and simulated experience, they develop leadership tools that prepare them to be leaders who are capable of meeting the challenges of UCOP’s changing environment.
Currently no session dates have been confirmed for 2019.
The program will focus on the following competencies:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Managing People
- Strategy and Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Communicating effectively as an OP Leader
- Nine days of interactive learning events
- Presentations by senior leaders
- A team project sponsored by an OP leader
- Leadership assessments and a focused development plan
- Individual feedback
- Target population: High-performing individuals who manage people and/or projects
- Time commitment: Approximately 1 to 2 days a month during the duration of the program.
Participant selection process
Nominees are selected on the following criteria:
- Manages people and/or projects with a broad scope of responsibility
- Successfully completed at least one year in current position at UCOP
- Demonstrated capability and commitment to grow
- Commitment to participate in all sessions
Potential participants may either be nominated or self-nominate. Supervisor support is critical for success because of the time requirements and the benefits of ongoing support in applying new leadership skills.