UCOP Human Resources
Performance Appraisal Learning Resources
STAFF TALENT EVALUATION PROCESS (STEP)
All UCOP employees and people managers will participate in STEP training. Our blended learning approach pairs self paced e-courses with live virtual classes in order to reduce overall training time, enhance learning and allow for technical support, questions and practice within the live learning sessions. A detailed overview of the process is outlined in the chart below.
Self-paced e-courses for each phase of the process are available to review . These courses will be assigned to you if applicable. All assigned trainings can be found under the Required Training icon on your UC Learning Center home page.
Optional resources can be accessed and are available as needed.
Three Year Training and Support for STEP
|Year 1 (20/21) Objective
|Year 2 (21/22) Objective
|Year 3 onwards (2022-) Objective
|Employees||Complete the new appraisal process in the ePerformance platform.||Enhance quality and comfort of conversations with manager.||Initiate and fully participate in dialog, feedback, and coaching with the manager.|
|Managers & Supervisors||Complete the process and begin to apply coaching and feedback strategies.||Support employees while applying coaching and feedback strategies.||Provide ongoing coaching and feedback throughout the year to enhance performance.
Required and Optional Training
There is one required course for all employees and one additional course for managers and supervisors. Note: New employees are required to take the STEP Fundamentals courses as well.
We also offer a variety of optional trainings and support. For your information, the courses are listed below.
All times are estimated.
E = eCourse; LV = Live Virtual.
If a course is required, employees will be automatically enrolled and receive a notification email from the UC Learning Center.
Required Training – All Employees
- GROWing your Check ins for all Employees (Managers and Staff)- (E, 20 min)
Required Training – New Employees
- Year 1 modules for New Employees and Managers (E, 2 - 3 hrs. throughout the year)
Required Training – All Managers and Supervisors
- GROWing your Check ins for Managers (LV, 2 hrs.) – New Managers will be invited to attend when available
Optional Training and Support – All Employees
- For support, please contact STEP@ucop.edu or your Human Resources Business Partner
- Drop in Office Hours are every Friday from 9-10 (through June). No registration needed. (zoom link)
- Grow Resource Guide (doc)
- UC Core Competencies (pdf)
- STEP Fundamentals Modules – Self-driven elearning resource where employees select specific modules by interest or need as a refresher on important concepts (E)
- LinkedIn Learning Collections (E, 4 min - 2 hrs.)
- ePerformance Demos (E, 1 - 3 min)