UCOP Human Resources
UCOP Mentorship Program
The UCOP Mentorship Program is seeking mentees and mentors for its next annual program, running from January through November, 2024.
The UCOP Mentorship Program is an exciting opportunity to share and learn career skills and leadership practices, guide and navigate the UCOP culture, and establish long term professional relationships. The 2024 program will be available bot in person and/or virtually to match the needs of mentors and mentees.
The goal of the Mentorship Program is to create mentor–mentee pairings that provide a supportive structure for UCOP employees to cultivate contacts, explore challenges and enhance their effectiveness as they grow both personally and professionally.
What is UCOP mentorship?
- A partnership built on mutual respect, trust and the sharing of ideas and experiences.
- A program which supports learning and performance in a 1 on 1 setting through coaching.
- A process of assessing individual strengths and growth opportunities.
- A mentee-driven program in which the mentee takes ownership of the learning experience.
- Professional development to reach your full potential.
- Networking opportunities.
- Please read FAQs below for cohort details
Who can become a Mentee?
The mentorship program is open to all employees (career, contract or represented) who have been at UCOP for six months or more. If you want to become a mentee, please complete the Mentee Application by December 1, 2023. Please note that priority will be given to those who have nor previously participated as a mentee.
Who can become a Mentor?
A mentor is an experienced UCOP leader or staff with at least one year of UCOP service and is
interested in helping others with professional and career development. Previous mentees are
welcome to participate as mentors. If you're interested in being a mentor for the 2024 program, please submit the short Mentor Interest Form by December 11, 2023
What past participants are saying about the program
- "I had a lot of valuable career guidance and coaching from my mentor. The support from my mentor, mentee cohort an Mentorship Program leader made my journey a great experience. I highly recommend the Mentorship Program to anyone who is interested in personal growth and building connections within the UCOP community."
- "I think I learned as much or more than my mentee!"
Over 95% of participants in the program rated the program a 4 or 5 out of 5. Over 96% of mentees stated that their mentor helped them reach their program goals.
For questions and additional information, contact Annie Prozan, UCOP Learning and Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.