UCOP Human Resources
New Employee Orientation and New Employee Benefits Orientation
Welcome to the University of California Office of the President (UCOP). As a new employee at one of the nation’s top research and teaching universities, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. We offer THREE orientations for new employees:
- MONTHLY New Employee Orientation – This will give you an overview and understanding of UC and UCOP and the tools and resources to assist you in navigating your way around UCOP.
- WEEKLY Benefits Orientation – This covers all of your benefits.
- MONTHLY New Hire IT Orientation – This will help you get situated with IT technology such as Outlook, your Jabber phone, file sharing, and so on.
We encourage you to sign up for all three sessions as soon as possible after beginning work at UCOP.
New Employee Orientation is offered once a month from 8:45 am until 12:45 pm (breakfast is provided including vegetarian options). All sessions are held in the Franklin Building at 1111 Franklin Street in Oakland. (If you need to gain access to the Franklin building, please email the Learning and Development Team.)
To register, please visit the UC Learning Center. Search: New Employee Orientation. Choose the correct date. A schedule is provided at the bottom is this page.
*** Note: Rooms are subject to change
|Tuesday, January 8, 2019||5320|
|Tuesday, February 12, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, March 12, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, April 9, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Thursday, May 14, 2019||5320|
|Tuesday, June 11, 2019||5320|
|Tuesday, July 9, 2019||5320|
|Tuesday, August 13, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2019||TBD|
|Tuesday, October 8, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, November 12, 2019||Lobby 1|
|Tuesday, December 10, 2019||5320|
No doubt that you've heard that UC offers a rich and comprehensive benefits package. We want to make sure you understand that offering and pick the best plans and coverages for you and your family.
Within a week of hire, you should be receiving a Welcome Kit in the mail, which contains the following materials:
- Your Benefits at a Glance
- A Complete Guide to Your UC Health Benefits
- A Complete Guide to Your UC Retirement Benefits
- Which Medical Plan is right for you?
In addition to these materials, we offer convenient webinars to provide an overview of the health and welfare and retirement benefits programs.
Employees who are eligible for Full benefits and Primary Retirement Benefits (Retirement Choice Program, UCRP): Weekly - Fridays from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm. Employees who are NOT eligible for Primary Retirement Benefits: Monthly - 2nd Thursday from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
How to Attend
- Online: https://UCOP.zoom.us/j/9517875041 (www.zoom.us), Join a meeting, Meeting ID code: 951 787-5041
- Audio: If not using the computer audio feature: (408) 638-0968, Meeting ID: 951 787-5041
- NOTE: You have 31 days from date of eligibility to enroll in your health and welfare benefits and 90 days for the Retirement Choice Program (if eligible). The UCPath Center can answer any benefits questions you may have. Failure to understand your options may result in permanent loss or reduction of benefits. You can reach UCPath at (855) 9-UCPath or (855) 982-7284, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
UCOP IT Client Services offers a monthly session to help new employees get started with their workstation computer. Topics covered include Outlook email and Outlook calendar, Duo, Jabber phone, document storage, wireless networks, printing, and how to get help from the Service Desk. The class is offered the 1st Tuesday of every month at 9:30am-10:30am in Franklin 6114. Register at UC Learning Center.
You can learn more about IT services at Navigating UCOP.