Institutional Research and Academic Planning
We provide evidence-based analyses and reports that inform and shape strategic planning, institutional policy creation and revision, and decision support.
UC is a leader in advocating for the purpose and importance of public higher education. By providing timely, accurate, consistent, and reliable information about UC and the environment in which it operates, Institutional Research and Academic Planning (IRAP) illustrates UC’s progress, challenges and outcomes in support of its mission.
IRAP's statement of inclusion: We create and model an inclusive and collaborative culture for all of us to belong, grow, and feel valued. We thrive together and commit to practice transparency and equity.
- 2023 UC Annual Accountability Report (website)
- Research expenditure comparisons dashboard
- FY2021-22 Sponsored projects report (pdf)
- UCUES 20th anniversary talks and panel discussions (as captioned videos) (webpage)
- Graduate and professional students' financial support experiences at UC (pdf)
- Graduate and professional student advising at UC (pdf)
- 2021 annual report on executive compensation for incumbents in Senior Management Group positions (pdf)
- Fall 2023 application tables (webpage)
- UC student success dashboards
- Overview of the multi-year compact between the Governor and the UC Regents (pdf)
- (updated) UC-trained health professionals in California dashboard
- (updated) Time to doctorate dashboard
- (updated) Doctoral persistence and completion dashboard
- (updated) UC 2030 dashboard
- (updated) UC employees full-time equivalent (FTE) and headcount dashboard
- (updated) Profile of undergraduate stop outs dashboard
- (updated) UC military-affiliated students dashboard
- (updated) First-generation college students dashboard
- (updated) UC undergraduate current and former foster youth dashboard
- (updated) Summer enrollment dashboard
The UCOP Tableau Users Group
November 9, 2023 (this date is tentative)
CAIR (California Association of Institutional Research - 2023 Conference
Orange County, CA
November 15 - 17, 2023
This year’s conference theme is Good Research with Challenging Data.