Institutional Research and Academic Planning
We provide evidence-based analyses and reports that inform and shape strategic planning, institutional policy creation and revision, and decision support.
UC is a leader in advocating for the purpose and importance of public higher education. By providing timely, accurate, consistent and reliable information about UC and the environment in which it operates, Institutional Research and Academic Planning (IRAP) illustrates UC’s progress, challenges and outcomes in support of its mission.
- Major restrictions, socioeconomic stratification, and student success (pdf)
- IRAP's March Bulletin
- Student basic needs dashboard
- Grade inflation for top California students (pdf)
- Relationship of the SAT/ACT to college performance at UC (pdf)
- Doctoral experience survey dashboard
- Rethinking the data collection of identity in Native American students (pdf)
- Reporting post-graduation outcomes for doctoral students using NCSES/NSF data (pdf)
- More CAIR presentations can be found here
- updated: UC alumni at work dashboard
- updated: Awards and proposals dashboard
- updated: UC undergraduate alumni outcomes dashboard
- updated: UC alumni graduate degree outcomes dashboard
- updated: UC and comparator Pell recipient graduation rates dashboard
- updated: UC workforce diversity dashboard
- updated: UC employee FTE dashboard
- updated: UC employee headcount dashboard
- updated: UC student veteran community (pdf)
UC Regents Meeting
March 17 - 19, 2020
2020 American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting
April 17-21, 2020
San Francisco, California
Joseph Van Matre will present: Gender expression and students’ lived experiences on college campuses as part of a panel session titled, Gender in higher and adult education.
2020 Association for Institutional Research (AIR) Forum
May 25 - 29, 2020
New Orleans, Louisiana
Brianna Moore-Trieu and Ola Popoola will present: Once upon a time, there was an institutional researcher...
Brianna Moore-Trieu will present: