Institutional Research and Academic Planning
We provide evidence-based analyses and reports that inform and shape strategic planning, institutional policy creation and revision, and decision support.
UC is a leader in advocating for the purpose and importance of public higher education. By providing timely, accurate, consistent and reliable information about UC and the environment in which it operates, Institutional Research and Academic Planning (IRAP) illustrates UC’s progress, challenges and outcomes in support of its mission.
- UC excels in national and international rankings
- IRAP staff volunteer at Alcatraz
- UC-educated California K-12 teachers (pdf)
- Read the IRAP Bulletin
- 2019 PhD career pathways student survey (pdf)
- Annual report of 2018 employee compensation
- Cost of attendance survey report (pdf)
- Personal economic value of a UC degree (pdf)
- Public economic value of a UC degree (pdf)
- Employment and doctoral experience of Humanities PhD alumni (pdf)
- updated: Workforce diversity dashboard
- updated: Comparative salaries for research university chancellors (pdf)
- updated: Comparative salaries for public university system leaders (pdf)
- updated: 2019-20 Academic Planning Council roster
- updated: UC alumni graduate degree outcomes dashboard
- updated: UC undergraduate alumni outcomes dashboard
- updated: Fall enrollment at a glance dashboard
- updated: Employee FTE dashboard
2019 Student Experience in the Research University (SERU) Symposium
October 9-10, 2019
Tongshan Chang will present: Diversity, campus climate, and student success at the University of California: A decade of change from 2008 - 2018
2019 California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR) Conference
November 6-8, 2019
Pamela Brown will present: Using text analytics of "most meaningful experience" to inform policy
Brianna Moore-Trieu and Ola Popoola will present: Once upon a time, there was an institutional researcher...
Joseph Van Matre will present: More colors of the rainbow: Diversity in students' sexual orientation, and
Understanding the experiences of students with non-normative gender presentation
Joseph Van Matre and Amit Prayag will present: Are your Tableau dashboards accessible to everyone?
Amit Prayag, with Jason Straub from UCOP Diversity & Engagement, will present: Leveraging the strategic value of people analytics
Tongshan Chang, with Cinnamon Danube and Corinne Townsend from UC Merced, will present: Developing a dashboard to compare predicted and actual graduation rates