Future of Work
Future of Work Phases
- Phase 1: Define FOW Program and begin re-opening, phased return to on-site operations
- Phase 2: Transition, implementation, intentional culture change
- Phase 3: Ongoing culture change, assessment and adjustment
The UCOP Future of Work program will be implemented in three phases. The first phase, which we are in now, focuses on defining the Future of Work program and our phased UCOP re-opening at all of our locations.
In Phase 2, we will continue to refine processes, identify how we can support culture change, and conduct initial future of work assessments and adjust as necessary.
In Phase 3, we will continue to assess the program and look closely at how we can best create a culture that allows both UCOP and our employees to thrive.
Future of Work Phase 1 Timeline
Last revised 11/24/21
- Secure UCOP leadership approval of FOW plan
- Coordinate planning with President’s Executive Office (PEO) and across divisions
- Begin broad communications of FOW plan
- Position eligibility assessments by division
- Manager-employee conversations
- Employee work arrangement preference selection
- UCOP leadership assesses current pandemic situation and confirms date for return
- HR equity review across the organization
- Preliminary space planning by BASC
Planned - Preliminary space planning by BASC
- November 2021
- Division leadership sign off
- December 2021
- Work arrangement finalization and signed telecommute agreements by UCOP HR
- Final space arrangements
- January 2022
- All UCOP locations begin return to on-site operations using a “slow build” approach for all locations with move-ins and on-site work starting the week of January 31 and building through April 2022. This helps keep our office population lower during the winter months and allows those who will have an on-site or hybrid work arrangement to work with their managers to gradually adjust to their full required on-site schedule.
- April 2022
- Full future operations state – on-site, hybrid and remote – expected to be in place by April 30, 2022.
Contact the Future of Work core team at UCOP-FutureofWork@ucop.edu.