Future of Work
The UCOP Future of Work plan includes a mix of on-site, hybrid and remote work options. This approach supports the cultural and organizational needs that employees and supervisors identified, while also providing flexibility that many of us have appreciated during our time working away from the office.
As we move into the new way of working, we expect to assess, learn, and adapt to best balance the needs of the organization and well-being of our employees to retain our current employees and attract new talent. This will be a learning process for us all and will require patience and flexibility.
Our objectives are to:
- Strive for a culture in which our employees can thrive
- Support UCOP in becoming a leading employer of choice
- Create a physical work environment that complements the operating model and supports workforce and collaboration needs
- Realize cost savings by consolidating and reducing real estate footprint and operational procedures to reduce overhead costs
We will follow these guiding principles:
- Balance needs of organization, teams and employees
- Proactively and intentionally support UCOP’s values and vision, including culture, connectivity, equity, inclusion and accessibility
- Align with evolving workforce trends — considering higher education and other industries with which UCOP retains current talent and is positioned well to compete for talent
- Consider operational implications
- Consider cost implications
- Consider internal and external stakeholder perceptions
Related UCOP Initiatives
The Future of Work program is integrated with the return to on-site operations (R2OO) initiative, the implementation of the systemwide UC Vaccination policy, our ongoing COVID-19 response and protocols, and re-opening of all UCOP offices.
While these elements are interdependent, they are separate efforts. You can find more information about the other R2OO elements by visiting the following websites.