Accessibility testing guide
The University of California (UC) is committed to providing an electronic environment that is accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities.
When suppliers participate in RFPs for online products/services, the UC tests the products/services for accessibility and conformance to the WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
The UC test that the supplier's online product/service is accessible to users with different disabilities, including visual, hearing, and motor control.
The UC testing includes but is not be limited to:
- Navigating the content with only a keyboard (no mouse)
- Displaying captions on videos
- Navigating the content using headings (using screen reading software)
- Bringing up all the links on a page (using screen reading software)
- Sufficient color contrast
- Alternative text for images
- No pictures of text
- Scalable text
- No keyboard traps for video controls
- Visual cues to identify where the cursor is on the page/slide
- Completing at least one task from start to finish with a screen reader (e.g., complete a form)