Supplier Demo Guide
The University of California (UC) is committed to providing an electronic environment that is accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities.
Suppliers participating in RFPs for online products/services need to demonstrate to the university that their products/services are accessible and conform to the WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
In your demo, please show how your online product/service is accessible to users with different disabilities, including visual, hearing, and motor control.
The demo should include but not be limited to:
- Navigating the content with only a keyboard (no mouse)
- Displaying captions on videos
- Navigating the content using headings (using screen reading software)
- Bringing up all the links on a page (using screen reading software)
- Sufficient color contrast
- Alternative text for images
- No pictures of text
- Scalable text
- No keyboard traps for video controls
- Visual cues to identify where the cursor is on the page/slide
- Completing at least one task from start to finish with a screen reader (e.g., complete a form)
Technical issues – A quick reference guide to some of the technical accessibility issues we check for is available on our website.Content issues – A quick reference guide to some of the content issues we check for is available on our website.