UCOP Human Resources
UCOP Leadership Development Program
The purpose of the UCOP Leadership Development Program is to accelerate the development of individual leadership abilities as well as to create a diverse pipeline of future UCOP leaders.
Participants learn UC strategy, goals and issues. Through a combination of workshops and simulated experience, they develop leadership tools that prepare them to be leaders who are capable of meeting the challenges of UCOP’s changing environment with a focus on the following competencies:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Managing People
- Strategy and Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Communicating effectively as an OP Leader
- Nine days of interactive learning events
- Presentations by senior leaders
- A team project sponsored by an OP leader
- Leadership assessments and a focused development plan
- Individual feedback
- Target population: High-performing individuals who manage people and/or projects
- Time commitment: Approximately 1 to 2 days a month during the duration of the program.
Participant selection process
Nominees are selected on the following criteria:
- Manages people and/or projects with a broad scope of responsibility
- Successfully completed at least one year in current position at UCOP
- Demonstrated capability and commitment to grow
- Commitment to participate in all sessions
Potential participants may either be nominated or self-nominate. Supervisor support is critical for success because of the time requirements and the benefits of ongoing support in applying new leadership skills.