Local Human Resources
Performance appraisal processEach manager and supervisor is required by UC policy and by the applicable labor contract to conduct performance appraisals. Performance appraisals are required for:
- Probationary employees: A probationary employee shall be assessed at least once during a full probationary period, preferably at the mid-point of probation; and,
- Career employees: A career employee's performance shall be assessed in writing at least once per year.
Performance appraisal resources
Online resources are available to assist managers and employees with the Performance Appraisal process.
- 2012 - 2013 Performance Appraisal process Quick Facts (pdf)
- Performance Management FAQs
- Competency Reference (pdf)
- Instructor-led and online learning resources
Performance appraisal forms
Performance evaluations at UCOP include the following elements: a description of performance goals and objectives, examples of how the previous goals were met, and a performance rating on a 5-point scale.