UCOP Human Resources
- What is the off- boarding procedure?
- As the hiring department, how and when do we know the off-boarding procedure has begun?
- What is the off-boarding Checklist Form?
- What does the supervisor do as part of the off-boarding procedure?
- What does Human Resources do as part of the off-boarding procedure?
- Who are the service providers and what do they do as part of the off-boarding procedure?
- Who do I contact for off-boarding information, questions or problems?
Q: What is the off-boarding procedure?
A: The off-boarding procedure includes all steps needed to successfully separate an employee; deactivate computer/phones/badge, process of final paycheck, and reviewing of space to determine cleaning/painting needs.
Q: As the department, how and when do we know the off-boarding procedure has begun?
A: The procedure has begun once Human Resources is notified, and an email is sent to the department supervisor containing the department off-boarding checklist.
Q: What is the department off-boarding checklist?
A: The department off-boarding checklist provides the department with the expected events and timelines associated with the off-boarding procedure, it also informs the department of the steps required in the process and who is involved. The checklist also contains your Human Resources contact information, the separating employee’s information, the off-boarding steps by provider, and the tasks associated with separating an employee.
Q: What does the supervisor do as part of the off-boarding procedure?
A: The supervisor ensures HR is notified of the employee’s intent to separate as soon as they have been notified. As the supervisor, it is your responsibility to go over the checklist that you receive from HR with the separating employee as well as collect all UCOP property (badge, office/cabinet keys, credit cards, smart phones and tablets).
Q: What does Human Resources do as part of the off-boarding procedure?
A: Human Resources sends separation checklist to the employee and supervisor, sends the resignation letter/separation paperwork to Payroll, initiates online exit survey to the separating employee, informs Building Services of the separation, and submits the cancellation of accounts through the IT Service Hub.
Q: Who are the service providers and what do they do as part of the off-boarding process?
A: There are seven service providers involved in the off-boarding procedure:
- HR completes the separation template, BRC payroll is prompted of the separation via UCPath system as well as through the SEPN-L, BRC contacts employee to complete final timesheet, and a final pay transaction is processed. BRC sends separation documents to separating employee.
- Checks are issued by UCPath on the paycycle for all voluntary separations. Represented employees will receive final pay according to terms of the bargaining agreement. UC path mails the check statement to employee’s home address.
- BASC-Work Management Center enters separation date for badge and parking card deactivation.
- Asset Manager sends an email to determine if computer/phone equipment needs to be retrieved.
- ITS Phones deactivates phone number and retrieves the phone at the request of the supervisor.
- ITS Computers deactivates accounts, and after 45 days deletes employee’s accounts.
- BRC Audit, Policy & Compliance team cancels travel and procurement card if applicable.
- BASC-Building Services is responsible for assessing the space and coordinating cleaning/painting if needed.
Q: Whom do I contact for off-boarding information, questions or problems?
A: Please contact your Human Resources Business Partner or Human Resources Assistant. http://www.ucop.edu/local-human-resources/staff-contacts/business-partners/index.html