Research Grants Program Office
The UC Research Grants Program Office (RGPO), that houses the UC Research Initiatives, the California HIV/AIDS Research Program, the California Breast Cancer Research Program, and the Tobacco-Related Disease Research Program, uses a grants management system called SmartSimple.
General SmartSimple Instructions
Grants migrated from proposalCentral to SmartSimple
Grants initiated in proposalCentral (pC) have all been migrated to SmartSimple (SS). Please note that all RGPO active grants transferred from pC to SS will retain their grant ID. RGPO staff assigned to the grant, such as the Program Officer and Contracts & Grants Analyst, will also remain the same.
Instructions for applying can be found in program websites
Instructions for managing Awarded Grants
- RGPO Grant Administration Manual (pdf)
- Prefunding Administrative Review (pdf)
- Change of Institution (pdf)
- Change of PI (pdf)
- No Cost Extension (pdf)
- Annual Reporting in Post-Award (Annual Progress Reports, Annual Fiscal Forecasts, Annual Fiscal Reports) (pdf)
- Applicant FAQ (pdf) (last updated April 6, 2021)
If you have any questions, please contact the grant’s assigned Team Member or RGPO at email@example.com