Strategic Sourcing Snapshot
- Travel Benefits: UC travelers can now receive reduced rates on JetBlue Airlines and soon for Marriott Hotel properties thanks to new negotiations that will apply to business and personal travel.
- IT Infrastructure: The IT Infrastructure Project RFP included five categories (network equipment, wireless, firewall, servers, and storage) and resulted in seven awardees. Final negotiations have been completed with Dasher (HPE) and Intervision (Juniper). Other negotiations are close to completion. Between Dasher and Intervision, UC is estimated to save $2.2M/year through 50-79% discounts off list price for software, hardware and server, storage and wireless equipment.
- Cell Signaling Technologies: Cell Signaling Technologies sells antibodies to the UC. The University of California was able to retain over $300K in cost savings and benefit per year by negotiating a contract extension that will expire in February 2020.
Facilities & Maintenance, Food, Transportation & Logistics
- Ergonomic Furniture: UC has entered into six new contracts (that include four new supplier relationships) to support Ergonomic technicians on campus. The program promotes choice of product, meets sustainable criteria, and brings small business and financial benefit. The program addressed 9 million in spend and captured $500k in savings or 6% while providing product choice.
- Labor compliance –With new prevailing wage requirements recently implemented for tracking proper vendor payment, UC is anticipating an increase in labor compliance service and software needs. There is currently a systemwide agreement in place with Contractor Compliance and Monitoring Inc. (CCMI) for professional services, and an RFP is currently being sent out for software. We anticipate the new software to reduce the burden of tracking certified payroll, help spot check prevailing wage, and help us respond to Public Record Act (PRA) requests by more than 80% based on UC’s current construction use.