Small & Diverse Business Advisory Council
Established in 2017, the purpose of the University of California Small & Diverse Business Advisory Council is to provide a forum for businesses, business affiliate organizations and business trade associations to provide input and feedback on UC policies and practices that impact small and diverse business utilization and participation in UC contracts and projects.
The Council meets in-person on a quarterly basis and reports regularly to the President’s office, the UC Procurement Leadership Council and other key University channels.
The Council's mission is to foster, promote, increase and retain University of California spend among small, diverse, disadvantaged and local businesses.
- Adam Briones, Economic Equity Director, The Greenlining Institute
- Cecil Plummer, President, Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council
- Chris Brown, Chief of Policy and Government Affairs, PRC San Francisco
- Danetta Jackson, Section Program Manager, Procurement Division – Customer/Supplier Outreach, Training & Advocacy, State of California, Department of General Services
- Donna Ruff, Vice President - Supplier Diversity & Development Manager, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Doug Parrish, President and CEO, Red Dipper
- Frank Louie, Chief Operating Officer, CA Asian-Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Gil Vasquez, Manager Partner, Vasquez & Company LLP; Chairman of LA Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Jasmine Ali, President & CEO, Bay Systems Inc.
- Maxie Juzang, President, President & CEO, Healthcare Staffing Professionals
- Mike Moye, General Counsel, Alameda Health System
- Richard Chacon, Director, Supplier Diversity and Development, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Shaila Mistry, Co-Founder and President, Jayco mmi, Inc.
- Sandra Escalante, President & CEO, Laner Electric Supply Co., Inc.
- Soraya Wright, Founder & CEO, SMW Risk Management Consulting
- Tong Qin, Partner at CFOs2Go
- Andrew Houston (Interim Chair), Procurement Counsel, UC Legal, Office of the President, University of California
- O.T. Wells, Chief Procurement Officer, University of California, Los Angeles
Interested in learning more about the Council?
Contact UC Procurement Legal Counsel, Andrew Houston (Andrew.Houston@ucop.edu).