UC Small and Diverse Business Advisory Council
Established in April 2017, the purpose of the University of California Small & Diverse Business Advisory Council is to provide a forum for businesses, business affiliate organizations and business trade associations to comment and provide feedback on UC policies and practices that affect or impact small and diverse business utilization and participation in UC contracts and projects.
The Council is chaired by UC Chief Procurement Officer, Bill Cooper. The formation of this group was first announced by President Napolitano in July of 2016 during a meeting held at the LA Latino Chamber of Commerce in Los Angeles, CA. The Council meets in-person on a quarterly basis and reports regularly to the President’s office, the UC Procurement Leadership Council and through other key University channels.
The Council's mission is to foster, promote, increase and retain spend between the University of California and small, diverse, disadvantaged and local businesses.
- Adam Briones, Economic Equity Director, The Greenlining Institute
- Cecil Plummer, President, Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council
- Chris Brown, Chief of Policy and Government Affairs, PRC San Francisco
- Danetta Jackson, Section Program Manager, Procurement Division – Customer/Supplier Outreach, Training & Advocacy, State of California, Department of General Services
- Donna Ruff, Vice President - Supplier Diversity & Development Manager, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Doug Parrish, President and CEO, Red Dipper
- Eimee Miura, Chief Procurement Officer, University of California Health
- Frank Louie, Chief Operating Officer, CA Asian-Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Gil Vasquez, Manager Partner, Vasquez & Company LLP; Chairman of LA Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Jasmine Ali, President & CEO, Bay Systems Inc.
- Maxie Juzang, President, President & CEO, Healthcare Staffing Professionals
- Mike Moye, General Counsel, Alameda Health System
- Richard Chacon, Director, Supplier Diversity and Development, MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- Shaila Mistry, Co-Founder and President, Jayco mmi, Inc.
- Sandra Escalante, President & CEO, Laner Electric Supply Co., Inc.
- Soraya Wright, Founder & CEO, SMW Risk Management Consulting
- Stephanie Lopez, Special Programs Manager, University of California, Procurement Services
- Tong Qin, Partner at CFOs2Go
- William Cooper (Chair), Associate Vice President & Chief Procurement Officer, University of California, Procurement Services
- O.T. Wells, Chief Procurement Officer, Corporate Financial Services, University of California, Los Angeles
Interested in learning more about the Council?
Contact Procurement Special Programs Manager, Stephanie Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).