Working with small, local and diverse businesses
UC Systemwide Procurement (SWP) is the procurement / supply chain hub for the University of California system. We partner with campus procurement operations to develop and implement systemwide supply chain strategies and policies that leverage UC's vast purchasing power to optimize University spend and deliver positive social and environmental impact in our communities.
The University of California is committed to doing business in an equitable and sustainable manner by working with small, local and diverse businesses. In accordance with state and federal law, UC ensures that all business enterprises have equal access to business contracting opportunities at the University.
Interested in Doing Business with UC?
Make these connections to get started:
- Refer to the Small Business First (SB1st) webpage – for more detailed advice and resources
- Get certified as an SB/DVBE by the State of California – it's easy and free, and offers multiple benefits!
- Register/create a supplier profile in SupplierOne – Supplier search platform that will identify you as a small/DVBE/diverse business to UC buyers
- Register/create a Supplier Profile in CalUsource – UC's eSourcing and public bid site allows you to participate in bid events across the UC system (to compete for contracts above $250,000)
- Visit the UC Public Bid Site to review UC-wide and individual campus RFP solicitations
- Familiarize yourself with University of California business policies governing the purchase of goods and services
- Check out UC's SB Vendor/Contractor Insurance option – only $750
Looking for more opportunities?
Most are at the campus level:
- Build relationships with UC Campus Small Business Officers/Supplier Diversity Coordinators (pdf)
- Visit local UC campus procurement websites and build relationships with UC campus procurement teams and university department buyers
Find common questions and answers about supplier diversity at UC.
Provides connections between campuses and Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBEs).
Review systemwide contracts currently in place for UC by category. These listings are updated quarterly and include expiry dates for each contract and the contract portfolio manager.
Information on the Council, its work and current projects.
Review UC’s annual reporting on Small Business Utilization. Under Legislative Reports, select the year in which you are interested and view the Small Business Utilization report posted for that year.
Information on University of California sustainable procurement practices, policies and projects. Sustainable Procurement at the University of California focuses on environmental, economic and social impacts.