Our department coordinates the development of the university's position for priority legislation, primarily at the state level, as well as responses to state and federal legislative, gubernatorial and other official requests. Legislative Analysis provides policy analysis and research to further initiatives consistent with UC's policy agenda.
What we do
- Analyze state and federal legislation and policy matters and develop position recommendations.
- Communicate the passage of state legislation that impacts the university and, as appropriate, assist with implementation planning.
- Work with various UCOP divisions to develop, review and coordinate legislative proposals as part of the UC sponsored legislation process.
- Coordinate responses to external inquiries from government officials, state agencies and other external entities regarding UC policy issues, programs, and other activities.
- Prepare policy briefing materials for internal and external audiences.
- Participate in and provide support for systemwide policy efforts in coordination with other divisions at UCOP.