About Procurement Services
Procurement Services is responsible for developing and implementing the overall purchasing policies, strategies and direction for the UC system.
- To be acknowledged by University of California executive and campus leadership, faculty, staff and students as a high performing strategic partner that is essential to the financial health of the University.
- To expand opportunities for teaching, research and public service by delivering savings and efficient procurement services across the University of California.
- Develop collaborative relationships with clients across the UC system to understand their needs and provide high quality procurement services that best meet those needs.
- Pursue strategic initiatives in a coordinated manner that leverages the power of our collective spend and redirects savings to teaching, research and public service.
- Invest in and optimize talent and technologies across the University to deliver far greater benefit than can be achieved by any single location working independently.
- Drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and promote new revenue opportunities through effective sourcing, contract management and supply chain solutions.
- Partner with suppliers to develop business relationships and solutions that optimize value for the University.