Federal Governmental Relations
The University of California supports robust and sustained federal investments in education and research funding. Through a partnership with the federal government, UC is an economic engine for California and the nation. Federal funds are critical to the university’s ability to educate the next-generation workforce, advance scientific breakthroughs and provide world-class medical training.
You can view and download UC's Federal Investment in Education and Research Advocacy Toolkit online here.
The toolkit includes the following materials:
- Talking Points: Federal Investment in Research and Education
- Fact Sheet: Federal Investment in Research
- Fact Sheet: Federal Financial Aid for UC Students
- Fact Sheet: Federal Support Aids College Readiness
- A Guide to Meeting with Congressional Representatives
- Social Media Guide
- A Guide to the Federal Budget Process (Washington Post)
- Fiscal Year 2018 Federal Budget Update
- Fact Sheet: UC at a Glance
- UC Federal Governmental Relations Advocacy Resources
- UC Campus Governmental Relations Contact Information
Additional information and resources about UC's federal advocacy efforts in support of the university's federal budget and appropriations priorities are available online here, including the university’s FY 2018 federal priorities document.