The University of California is committed to providing an electronic environment that is accessible to everyone, including individuals with disabilities.
Navigating websites can be difficult —sometimes impossible — for people with disabilities. The University of California seeks to promote the sharing of best-practices and tools related to accessibility among the campuses, and build collaborative relationships with other institutions to provide electronic resources for all individuals particularly those with disabilities.
- Remember that accessibility and design are complementary.
- Practice user centric design.
- Separate style from content when possible.
- Organize sites for consistency and clarity.
- Test sites.
- Write concisely and clearly.
- Don't rely on alternative, text-only sites.
UC IT Accessibility Mailing List
UC employees may join a Universitywide e-mail discussion list of technical and other UC personnel interested in IT accessibility issues. To join the list (firstname.lastname@example.org), send an e-mail to Yvonne Tevis.
We want your feedback!
How can we better serve you? Submit comments, questions and ideas for the new website to our web team.