Enterprise Risk and Resilience
Systemwide Crisis and Emergency Management
UC takes a comprehensive approach to prevent, mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from any adverse event or disruption, including all types of emergencies and disasters. The goal is to create a disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient institution with effective crisis and consequence management capability.
The Emergency Management (EM) programs at all ten UC campuses and five medical centers are staffed by multi-disciplinary personnel in public safety (police/fire), EH&S, and various independent emergency management offices.
Risk Services provides strategic guidance, leadership, oversight, and systemwide coordination of personnel and resources in support of UC emergency management and continuity planning programs.
- UC Ready
- UC Ready: Mission Continuity Planning - A systemwide program that enables all of our campuses, medical centers and national laboratory to better prepare to meet the challenges of resuming business operations after a major event occurs.
- Policies & Procedures
- Emergency Management Reports
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
- Emergency Operations
- UCOP Management Response Plan - Establishes an organizational response structure and protocol specifically for the UC Office of the President (UCOP) to follow in reaction to a major emergency, incident, significant issue or reputational risk or event.
- UCOP Crisis Communications Plan - Documents UCOP's process for effectively providing communications support at the time of a crisis or potential crisis, for both physical events and issues or events which have the potential to cause reputational damage to UCOP and the UC system.