UCOP Cascade Help
Creating a draft
Goal: Save a working copy of an asset that cannot be published
Drafts should be used for edits in progress — in cases where you need to make extensive revisions to a page that cannot be completed in one sitting.
Save as Draft allows for the following functionality:
- Multiple users may save drafts of a single asset, but only the user who saved the draft has access to it.
- View drafts just as you would a working copy in the editing interface.
- Your active drafts will appear on your Dashboard under Current Activity.
- Edits/changes are not reflected in the current version of the asset; edits/changes to the draft cannot published until they are Submitted.
- Submission of final changes works as usual.
Navigate to the page you would like to work on.
Hit Edit from the navigation tabs and make the changes to your text.
Hit Save Draft to save your changes.
Edit your draft. From the View you can move between the Current or the Draft page, or Discard the draft.
Hit Update Draft to save your interim changes.
When your changes are finalized, hit Submit to make your draft the current version of the page. Respond to the spell check and link check, if needed (hit "Submit" again for both to save your changes).