Office of Workplace Inclusion and Belonging
Anti-Racism Task Force
UCOP is committed to being consistently fair, equitable and anti-racist in its behaviors, policies, practices and structures.
In June 2020, President Emerita Janet Napolitano convened the UCOP Anti-Racism Task Force. The Task Force was charged with considering how best to advance the Office of the President at all of its locations toward the full embodiment of its values so that it is consistently fair, equitable and anti-racist in its behaviors, policies, practices and structures.
Recommendations were presented by the Anti-Racism Task Force to President Michael V. Drake in December 2020 and were formally approved by March 2021. The Task Force proposed a five-year implementation strategy to ensure long-term, sustainable change that fosters a more inclusive workplace.
- Information sessions held on findings and recommendations
- Development of implementation and governance structure
May 2021 – December 2021
- Implementation workstreams complete their first phase of scope of work
Task Force Members
A Core Planning Team supports the work of the task force:
- Yvette Gullatt, Vice President for Graduate and Undergraduate Affairs and Vice Provost for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (co-chair)
- Cheryl Lloyd, Interim Vice President Systemwide Human Resources – COO Division and Associate Vice President &Chief Risk Officer – CFO Division (co-chair)
- Mahsa Ashabi, Title IX Analyst
- Tuanh Do, Executive Director and Deputy to the Vice President/Vice Provost, Graduate, Undergraduate and Equity Affairs
- Sameer Farooq, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Davontae Foxx-Drew, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Francesca Galarraga, Organizational Consultant, Office of the President Culture, Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion
- Marie-Ann Hairston, Director, Systemwide Employee Relations
- Michaela James, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
- Aafia Ali Khan, Systemwide Human Resources Fellow
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.