Safety and Loss Prevention
UCOP Staff Emergency Procedures
Emergency Notification Systems
In the event of an emergency, check your email and voicemail for emergency instructions and information. Follow any directions given over the building PA system or by your Floor Wardens.
UCOP Emergency Information Line: (866) 272-9009
In the event of email or voicemail system failure, call the UCOP Emergency Information Line toll-free, out-of-area number above for recorded messages and instructions related to UCOP emergencies or closures. In the event of a major emergency impacting the broader community, tune into KCBS (740 AM), KGO (810 AM), or KNBR (680 AM) for updated Bay Area emergency information. The UCOP website may also be used to provide emergency information to UCOP staff.
UCOPAlert is an emergency notification system that allows UCOP Employees to receive informational alerts on their personal phones or by personal email outside normal business hours. All UCOP employees are encouraged to enroll in this emergency notification system and update their contact information as necessary.
Community Alert Systems allow local public agencies to send messages to residents via phone, email, and web with instructions and information during events and emergencies.
- Irvine, CA: AlertOC
- Oakland, CA: AC Alert (Alameda County) and Nixle Alerts (Oakland Police Dept.)
- Riverside, CA: Riverside Alert
- Sacramento, CA: Sacramento-Alert
- Washington, D.C.: AlertDC
Emergency Plans and Procedures:
- UCOPSafe-T is a free app you can download on your smartphone that provides offline access to site-specific information to help you prepare for and react to emergencies. All UCOP employees are encouraged to download this app and the applicable plans for their work site(s).
• ASSIST Program Irvine, CA (pdf)
• Franklin Building
• UC PATH Building
• California Gear Up
• UC Washington Center (UCDC)