What we do
We develop strategies for communicating systemwide initiatives and priorities to the public.
We work closely with UCOP colleagues to:
- Respond to reporters’ queries in a timely manner
- Draft and distribute statements, news releases and fact sheets
- Coordinate and staff media interviews and news events
- Produce daily news clips and track coverage of campus, systemwide and higher education issues
- Identify and promote compelling stories about the university
More about us
- If a reporter contacts you or someone in your department for an interview or information, please refer the reporter to Media Relations so we can coordinate a response.
- If an interview is arranged, someone from Media Relations will usually confer with the university representative in advance and be present for the interview.
We often contact other departments for information about programs, initiatives and administrative details so we can communicate them accurately to the news media, often on very tight deadlines.