UCOP Human Resources
UCOP Aspiring Leaders Development Program 2021-22
UCOP cares about the growth of our employees who aspire to be leaders. That is why UCOP Learning and Development is now offering the UCOP Aspiring Leaders Development Program This program is organized around research-based practices on the key skills that differentiate effective leaders including resilience, communication, prioritization, and feedback skills. The good news is that people do not have to be in a formal leadership role to begin applying these skills. ALD focuses on practical ways to equip participants with these skills to apply immediately while preparing them for leadership positions in the future.
Aspiring Leaders Development Program (ALD), facilitated by our valued vendor LifeLabs Learning, is an experiential professional development program offered to UCOP staff who are interested in exploring leadership roles and career development. The purpose is to provide UCOP employees opportunities to learn these leadership skills before holding a formal leadership position.
Participants will participate in 5 two-hour virtual workshops. Topics include: Adaptivity & Resilience, Influential Communication, Feedback Skills, Productivity & Prioritization, and Career Growth. All sessions will be on Zoom.
- UCOP staff (career, contract, or represented) who have served at UCOP for at least one year
- Individual contributor (not serving in a manager/supervisor role)
- Rating of “solid performer” or above on most recent performance evaluation
- Commitment to the program with full attendance and participation at all sessions
- Completes application by due date
- Supervisor completes approval and recommendation form (form will be sent automatically to supervisor once participant completes the application)
- Shows dedication to professional growth
- Represents the diversity at UCOP
Program Application and Dates:
There will be two cohorts in the 2021-22 school year. The first one is Fall 2021 and the second one will be in Winter 2022. The dates below are for the Winter, 2022 cohort.
- Application deadline is December 9, 2021. The cohort will be a maximum of 30 people. Here is the application form.
- Supervisor Approval Form submitted by December 9, 2021. Supervisors will be sent the form automatically once participant completes the application.
- Workshop Dates:
- Thursday January 27, February 10, February 24, and March 3, and March 24 from 10 am – Noon
- 94% of participants found the program to be very valuable and applicable.
- 94% of participants highly recommend the program for others.
“I found the program to be exceptionally well-organized. The modules and content were very detailed, relevant, and practical.”
“The material was directly helpful, well researched, and directly usable with worksheets and diagrams for personal use. The trainer, Jack, was the most helpful in facilitating and keeping us engaged in a virtual session. He facilitated the discussion in a real way, very natural to the conversation and topics, involving the group often and prompting us appropriately. ”
For more information, please attend a 30-minute information session. Several dates and times available. Register