UCOP Human Resources
Reasons for non-selection
Listed below are some examples of reasons for non-selection of applicants and interviewees for vacant positions. List all reasons that apply; specific job-related reasons for non-selection should be included. Reasons for selection of your candidate of choice should also be documented in detail.
- Application/resume does not meet all posted requirements.
- Applicant lacks required level of skill/experience with _____.
- Interviewees have more/stronger experience or skill in _____.
- Interviewees have more directly related _____ experience/skill.
- Lacks directly related education/training.
- Lacks required level of education/training.
- Education not as directly related to posted requirements as interviewees' education.
- Interview showed inconsistency with application/resume information.
- Interview showed lack of required level of communication skills.
- Interview showed lack of sufficient, directly related knowledge/experience with ____.
- Interview showed lack of understanding of the scope of the position's duties.
- Selected candidate has more directly related experience/skill in _____.
- Selected candidate has more/stronger _____ experience/skill.
|Requirement||Applicant Status||Reason for Non Selection|
|Detailed experience in the development of lease programs including lease negotiation, leasehold asset evaluation, and transaction analysis.||Not Qualified||Applicant does not meet all posted requirements.|
|Oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate clearly and logically during interactions;||Interviewed, Not Selected||Interview showed lack of required level of communication skills.|
|Project management and organizational skills to plan and independently execute projects/tasks within specific and sudden deadlines, and successfully assess, balance, and prioritize numerous competing concerns.||Minimum qualifications, not interviewed||Project management skills and experience are not as strong as interviewees' skills and experience.|
|Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with senior institutional managers, third-parties, landlords, tenants, and real estate property owners.||Interviewed, Not Selected||Interview showed lack of required level of interpersonal skills.|
|Strong computer skills in a PC environment; proficiency with MS Office Suite; ability to create and manipulate complex spreadsheets, databases, and modeling applications.||Interviewed, Not Selected||Selected candidate has more experience with spreadsheets and modeling applications.|