Systemwide Human Resources
Appeal and Complaint Resolution
Systemwide Employee Relations serves as a point of contact for employees, supervisors, or managers who have questions or want assistance related to a wide range of work-related matters including conflict in the workplace.
Professional & Support Staff Policy 70: Complaint Resolution (PPSM 70)
ER investigates formal employee appeals and complaints for all policy covered staff. PPSM-70 provides direction and authority to resolve complaints and appeals made by policy covered employees.
Article 33 — Respectful, Fair Treatment
Article 33 of the Clerical & Allied Services Unit (Teamsters Local 2010) contract provides direction and authority to resolve grievances made by members covered by this contract with regard to persistent bullying and significant disruptive behavior in the workplace.
How do I file a PPSM 70 Appeal with the Office of the President?
Any appeal to the Office of the President must be in writing and include copies of the original complaint, the local decision, and any documents that support your appeal. The appeal must be filed within 20 calendar days of the date of the local decision and can be delivered to the Office of the President using one of the following methods:
- By U.S. mail or other mail carrier (such as Federal Express) or personal delivery to:
Human Resources — 5th Floor
Attn: PPSM 70 Appeal
1111 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94607
- By email (as an attachment) to PPSM70Appeal@ucop.edu with "Attn: PPSM 70 Appeal" in the subject line of the email.
How do I file an Article 33 Grievance Appeal with the Office of the President?
An Article 33 Grievance Appeal must be filed with the Office of the President within 15 calendar days of the date the University’s Step 2 written answer was issued. The Appeal must include PDFs of all documents, information and signatures necessary to be in compliance with the Grievance Procedure provisions of the Contract between the University of California and Teamsters Local 2010. The Appeal can be delivered to the Office of the President using one of the following methods:
- By U.S. mail or other mail carrier (such as Federal Express); or
- Personal presentation with mutual acknowledgment from the person delivering the document(s) and the person accepting delivery of document(s) by signing and dating the document(s) and each of them retaining one of the signed and dated documents; or
- By email (as an attachment) to AppealAGrievance@ucop.edu with "Attn: Step 3 Grievance Appeal" in the subject line of the email.