Federal Governmental Relations
Principal Legislative Analyst
Adriana Bankston joined UC’s Office of Federal Governmental Relations (FGR) in July 2019, bringing with her an extensive background in applied research as well as research advocacy. Prior to joining FGR she was a policy and advocacy fellow at the Society for Neuroscience (SfN), where she planned, coordinated and implemented the society’s federal advocacy efforts, including their 2019 Capitol Hill Day.
Adriana received her B.S. in biological sciences from Clemson University and her Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell and developmental biology from Emory University.
As part of the UC Federal Governmental Relations research team, Adriana is responsible for tracking and analyzing issues related to:
- Animal research
- Cannabis research (in coordination with the health and clinical affairs team)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (specifically National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
- National Institutes of Health (in coordination with the health and clinical affairs team)
- National Science Board
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security