Federal Governmental Relations
UC COVID-19 Research: Early Career Researchers
This briefing covered how the COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected research projects, scientific careers and the basic needs of UC's graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. The event highlighted the need for robust and sustained funding, in order to ensure the continuity of research innovations and training programs for the next generation.
Briefing Recording: View Full Screen
Date: Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021
- Theresa Maldonado, vice president of research and innovation, UC Office of the President, provided introductions.
- Gwen Chodur, president, UC Graduate and Professional Council, moderated the conversation.
- Jamaal Muwwakkil, student regent, UC Board of Regents, moderated the conversation.
- Nairi Hartooni, graduate student, UC San Francisco
- Kira Tiedge, postdoctoral researcher, UC Davis
- Tyler Sano, graduate student, UC Santa Cruz
- Sara Gushgari-Doyle, postdoctoral researcher, Berkeley Lab