Diversity: Faculty and other academic personnel
The University of California is committed to diversity and inclusion to achieve excellence
The University of California community values diversity, embraces inclusion, and honors excellence. Teaching, scholarship, research, creativity, innovation, and service flourish when all members of the community are welcomed, supported, and respected. Our work continues to fulfill these values. We are committed to removing barriers preventing full expression of our potential and to reflecting the population of California in our faculty, students, and other academic personnel, especially those who have been systematically and historically underrepresented.
- Advancing Faculty Diversity Project 2019-21 Final Year 1 Report (pdf)
- Advancing Faculty Diversity Project 2020-22 Preliminary Report (pdf)
- 2018-19 Use of Funds to Support Improved Workplace Climate and Faculty Retention Outcomes - Final Report (pdf)
- Advancing Faculty Diversity Project 2018-19 Final Legislative Report (pdf)
- Advancing Faculty Diversity Project 2017-18 Final Legislative Report (pdf)
- Advancing Faculty Diversity Project 2016-17 Final Legislative Report (pdf)
- 2020 UC Accountability Report
Key Resources and Initiatives
- Evaluating Contributions to Diversity for Faculty Appointment and Promotion Under APM - 210 (pdf)
- Guidelines for Addressing Race and Gender Equity in Academic Programs in Compliance with Proposition 209
- UCLA Proposition 209 Primer (pdf)
- CREDITS: Center for Research, Excellence, and Diversity in Team Science
April 26, 2019 Conference Event: Achieving Equity and Diversity in Faculty Recruitment - Research & Practice
The conference is focused on current research and university practices aimed at increasing equity and diversity in faculty hiring at research-intensive universities.
Phone: (510) 987-9479
Academic Personnel and Programs
University of California
Office of the President
1111 Franklin St., 11th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607
UC Recruit for Academic Job Openings
UC ADVANCE PAID Program
The program, supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation from July 2011 through June 2014, helped campuses to recruit, retain, and advance women and underrepresented minority women faculty in STEM fields.
President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The President's Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (PPFP) offers postdoctoral research fellowships, faculty mentoring and eligibility for a hiring incentive to outstanding scholars in all fields whose research, teaching and service will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity.