Educational Innovations and Services
Virtual Science Labs
UC campuses may offer faculty specific guidance regarding conducting virtual labs.
UC Santa Cruz
ILTI prepared an overview of life-science labs in remote learning environments. The paper, Labs for Online Students, describes options for remote and online delivery and shares a handful of innovative approaches from universities across the country. (Added April 13, 2020)
As UC campuses consider potential alternatives for in-person science labs, some have shared lists of external organizations and sites that offer remote or digital labs.
- Online Resources for Science Laboratories (POD) - Remote Teaching
- Digital Options for Teaching TinyEarth Labs list of resources
- Foundational concepts and techniques in Biotechnology
- Merlot Collection of Virtual Laboratories
- Interactive Simulations for Science and Math
- Virtual Reality Organic Chemistry Lab Experiences