Diversity and Engagement
The President's Diversity Pipeline Initiative (DPI) seeks to expand the academic pipeline to the University of California for underrepresented undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty, with a particular emphasis on African American students and faculty who persistently remain underrepresented at UC. The DPI has six overarching objectives:
- Increase awareness of UC access, opportunity and affordability with students, families, teachers and counselors by conducting outreach events and cultivating relationships with community organizations.
- Ensure that more students, particularly African American students, feel welcome at UC.
- Expose more students to UC’s intellectual life and help them prepare for UC through existing and new programs.
- Enable more students, particularly African American students, to consider and accept a UC offer of admission.
- Enhance graduate diversity efforts, including the UC-Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Initiative.
- Enhance faculty diversity efforts, including the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (PPFP).